Saturday, July 23, 2011

Big brother....over protected?

As I am sitting in my room listening to the video about Big brother I am astounded and it even got the attention of my boyfriend to stop playing video games. So I knew it was something big if it got him to stop playing Call of Duty Black Ops. We sat there for an hour and a half saying in unison "Are you kidding me?" "How do you get away with that?"
 When it got to the part of the Acxiom and they have every single transaction you have ever made and then they can sell it to the companies! They know when you had a baby, when your income goes up or down, practically whenever you sneeze they have it documented! All this information is all a click away. I went to the Acxiom website and they was a simple button on the homepage that said "Buy Data." I almost wanted to see what they had on me but figured if I wanted to know my transactions I could check my bank statement for free. http://www.acxiom.com/Pages/Home.aspx
When the gentleman on the video who got his phone records stolen, Ryan I believe his name was, said it perfectly when he said the laws aren't keeping up with the technology. Everyday people are finding ways around the justice system to justify that what they are doing is perfectly legal. Personally I would think that having someones permission on every single detail of their life would be ethically right and illegal in every way to not ask.
Sorry i keep jumping all over the place but there was just so much its hard to cover. At the end when the CEO of citywatch has his employees chipped I don't know how you don't question his thinking behind it and what if someone said no? Did they not get to keep their job? Yeah it looked pretty cool but still so weird and down right creepy. If someone told me that I would have to have a chip implanted in me or my child I will fight til the end to say no. Its just not right to have that much information on a person and your fingertips. I thought our four fathers didn't want our government to come to this. Isn't this why we fight for freedom?

Just my rant......

No comments:

Post a Comment