Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Social Network

When I first started joining social networks of course I thought it was just a fad. Myspace came and I figured it would be the same thing for Facebook. On the contrary Facebook is still going strong and becoming more powerful. It has more traffic on there than Google. Advertisers want to be on Facebook at any costs.

We watched The Social Network in class and towards the end one of the lawyers asked Mark Zuckerberg what he was doing and he said, "Checking Bolivia." As to she replied, "They don't have paved roads but they have Facebook." That got me thinking how can countries like Bolivia not be able to pave the roads but their social media is up to date? That alone shows the power of the Internet. Personally I have Facebook open in a tab while I am posting this blog. While my boyfriend plays video games for hours I will be right next to him on facebook telling him what everyone is updating. Some people have addictionss and I guess young people addiction has become Facebook or any social media.
With Google plus on its way its going to be a battle to the very end. I already asked for an invite to Google plus to see the hype so I can't wait til I can open it and check it out.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/12/google-users-10-million-chart/

No comments:

Post a Comment